Boosting Australia's Diesel Storage Program - Grant Applications Open
Boosting Australia's Diesel Storage Program
The Boosting Australia's Diesel Storage Program will contribute to the government’s long-term fuel security goal to increase our domestic fuel storage that meets our needs during an emergency and into the future.
What do you get?
Grants from $6 million to $33.3 million.
Who is this for?
The Boosting Australia’s Diesel Storage Program will provide up to $200 million in competitive grants over three years to 2023-24. The program is part of the Government’s 10-year comprehensive fuel security package to increase Australia’s resilience to fuel supply disruptions, secure sovereign refining capability, and keep fuel prices low for consumers.
The objectives of the program are to:
- provide matched funding to industry to construct new diesel storage that will result in an estimated 780ML of additional diesel storage being kept onshore. This quantity is estimated to be required for industry to meet the proposed minimum stockholding obligation by 2024
- support job creation in local industries.
There is $200 million available for this grant opportunity.
The minimum grant amount is $6 million and the maximum grant is $33.3 million.
You must complete your project by 30 June 2024.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible you must be an entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation.
Your trading activities must either:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation
- be a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
Check the full eligibility details in the grant opportunity guidelines.
How do you apply?
You should read the grant opportunity guidelines and sample grant agreement before you apply.
To apply, you must submit your application through the online portal. You’ll need to set up an account when you first log into the portal. The portal allows you to apply for and manage a grant or service in a secure online environment.
Apply now for the Boosting Australia’s Diesel Storage Program
Before you apply, make sure you:
- read the guidelines
- read the sample grant agreement
- read the sample application form.
Click here to apply.