Business Partner HSE (Manager HSE)
Rio Tinto (View other jobs from this organisation)
Business Partner HSE (Manager HSE)
- Demonstrate your innovative approach to complex and diverse challenges
- Develop your career in this HSE leadership role
- Attractive package that includes housing - Gove
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Business Partner HSE (Manager HSE) to lead a team of HSE professionals (4 direct and 20 indirect) to support all health, safety and environment initiatives for the Gove site.
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world's most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world's most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today's carbon-constrained world.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for a passionate leader in HSE to take on a broad and diverse role. Reporting to the GM HSE Pacific Operations, you will be:
- Implement organisational safety, health, environmental and quality programmes.
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with occupational safety and health rules and regulations.
- Implement programmes to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other materials.
- Lead and develop your direct reports.
- Provide subject matter expert in the areas of health, safety and the environment.
- Prepare studies and analyses of accident causes and hazards to health plus recommendations to mitigate causes and to avoid occurrences.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree qualified in HSE or similar.
- Subject matter expert in either health, safety or environment and proficient in the other areas.
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to successfully partner and manage multiple stakeholders.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Site mining experience required with Aluminium experience beneficial.
In the picturesque location on the edge of the Arafura Sea lies the unique mining town of Nhulunbuy. The operation is situated on extensive deposits of high grade bauxite; a burnished red ore with high aluminium oxide content. The town caters for comfortable living with many established amenities available including schools, a hospital, local pool and daily flights from Darwin and Cairns. The surrounding area contains outstanding fishing and camping opportunities as well as the town itself containing excellent sporting facilities and an engaged and diverse community. Considered by many to be the best remote mining town, there is something for everyone.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
- NT - Gove
- Attractive package that includes housing
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety & Environment