We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
We are currently seeking a Telecommunications Technician for a 12 month period in Cairns to carry out maintenance and repair of telecommunications and electronic equipment and report on the performance and condition of the telecommunication asset to ensure safe and effective operation.
Our Telecommunication Technicians work a nine day fortnight and will be required to participate in a callout roster on average once a fortnight, penalty rates apply. The position is based at the Portsmith depot however the Telecommunications Technician will be required to travel and work throughout Northern Queensland as the business requires.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Install, maintain and repair telecommunication and electronic equipment in accordance with predefined work programs.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Maintain records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems.
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled maintenance program and equipment performance and condition irregularities.
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of assuring and continuously improving quality.
The successful applicant will be motivated to perform Protection Officer duties when required. As a Protection Officer you will be empowered to proactively and autonomously coordinate access and documentation of your allocated worksites, which are on or near the track, assisting work groups to ensure safety and environmental incidents do not occur. Importantly, you will also ensure compliance with Queensland Rail Standards and other Safety Legislation is maintained.
We are seeking interest from applicants with the following:
- Telecommunications Technician Trade Certificate
- National Driver Licence C Class
In addition to the above requirements you will possess:
- Sound knowledge of telecommunications equipment and systems including radio systems.
- Sound skill in the installation, maintenance and fault rectification of telecommunications equipment and systems.
- Sound knowledge of the technical regulations and standards relating to the maintenance and installation of the telecommunications network equipment/systems and customer premises equipment/systems.
- Sound interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on customer service.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment and Pre-Employment Health Assessment.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply to position number 74438 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 8.00am, Friday the 15th December 2017. Please ensure you attach copies of your qualifications and licences.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity callAnna Nolan on 07 3072 2170.
PN 74438 - Telecommunications Technican.pdf