We are currently seeking a Signal Electrician to join or SEQ Signal Maintenance team in carrying out the installation, maintenance and repair of all signalling equipment and reporting on the performance and condition of the signalling asset to ensure it is safe and in effective operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Install, maintain and repair signalling equipment including telemetry equipment in accordance with predefined work programs.
- Repair and adjust mechanical signalling equipment as required.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems.
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program, and report any equipment performance and condition irregularities.
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement.
In addition to the above we are seeking interest from candidates that possess:
- Sound knowledge of wayside signalling equipment and relevant installation and maintenance standards.
- Sound skill in the installation, maintenance and fault rectification of wayside signalling equipment.
- Sound knowledge of signalling Safeworking practices and principles.
- Sound knowledge of the WH&S Act and relevant Queensland Rail policies and procedures.
- Sound interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with testing and commissioning wayside signalling systems will be highly regarded
- To be considered for this position you must hold a Queensland Electrical Mechanic licence and a current 'C' class driving licence.
Apply to position number 74144 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 9am, Friday the 16th of February 2018.