With approximately 6,500 staff, approximately $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join our Track and Civil Project Delivery team in our Network Asset Management business. You will provide engineering and design services, taking into account scope, quality, safety considerations, allocated budgets and timeframes to deliver valuable commercial outcomes across Queensland Rail.
- Provide advanced engineering technology services.
- Provide direction and engineering support to station, track and structures projects.
- Maximise commercial outcomes by developing, implementing and evaluating project strategies and by applying high quality negotiation, influencing, resolution and communication skills (verbal and written) to complex situations.
- Manage projects, consultancies and contracts to achieve commercially sound and timely advantage to Queensland Rail infrastructure operations.
- Ensure project management principles are followed to deliver consistent engineering solutions to meet operational requirements and commercial outcomes.
- Ensure the requirements of professional practice and/or the Quality Management System to provide consistent output of Structural/Civil engineering services and advice, ensure compliance with safety, operational and environmental legislation, regulations and practices.
This role would be suited to someone who has demonstrated experience mentoring and coordinating a project-based team of engineers. In addition we are seeking the following:
- Bachelor Civil Engineering and current Queensland ‘C’ class driver’s license.
- Experience as a Civil Engineer with infrastructure design experience, preferably within the rail or road industry.
- Previous experience in rail earthworks, drainage, level crossings or track design/detailing would be highly regarded. Engineers with rail structural experience may also be considered.
Please note that those candidates who are not currently registered as a Professional Engineer Queensland must obtain this within 4 months of commencing their employment at Queensland Rail.
Salary range: $113,034 - $121,228 + super
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Apply to position number 64267 by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5.00pm, 15th February 2018.
Please note that candidates who are invited to interview will be required to bring either their original degree certificate/driver’s license or a copy of it which has been certified by a JP. Please note that for overseas qualifications both the candidate and Queensland Rail will need to obtain confirmation that the overseas qualification or licence is recognised in Australia and is acceptable to meet the requirements of the qualification applied to the position description.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in a video interview for this position.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake a medical assessment and an alcohol and other drug screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.