To efficiently control on-track vegetation growth to standards determined by Legislative requirements, train licence nominated infrastructure personnel in the efficient and safe use of herbicides, and to monitor local herbicide usage to deliver safe, cost effective and timely services on behalf of Network Regional West. Assist asset managers in the monitoring of works completed by vegetation contractors.
- Operate the spray truck efficiently and effectively to apply herbicide to the permanent way, station yards, siding and timber bridges according to a prepared program and at all times complying with the Agricultural Chemicals Distribution Control Act (ACDC Act), the Chemical Usage (Agricultural and Veterinary) Control Act (Chem Use Act) and for fire control purposes as required.
- Ensure adequate documentation, application records and quality documents are maintained for all herbicide related activities as per product and ACDC Act requirements.
- Monitor and report on the brush control program completed by internal and external resources. Carry out brush treatment and treatment for declared plants (noxious weeds) as required.
- Carry out all work in accordance with requirements of the Queensland Rail Integrated Management System Business and Divisional Instructions to control and minimise loss to people, property, process and environment.
- Carry out basic maintenance, servicing and repairs to the pumps, spray system and associated plumbing of the spray truck to ensure that it is effectively maintained and utilised and monitor spraying equipment used by restricted licence operators to ensure compliance with the ACDC Act and Chem Use Act.
- Assist the Inventory Control Officer in the management of herbicide stock levels required for Network Regional West and assist in the preparation of the annual district herbicide spray program.
- Proactively work to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships through regular consultation and negotiation with the Senior Environmental Officer, Brisbane, Track Section Supervisors, operations staff, herbicide suppliers, local authorities and the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Participate in programs and training to ensure high performance levels through succession planning, staff appraisals, development and training to meet customer and business needs.
- Assist local track maintenance teams when required.
- Applicants must be prepared to alternate between office and outdoor work sites as required
- Camp out as required
- Travel intrastate as required
- Be available for call outs outside of normal working hours and to
- Be available for emergency responses;
- Operate in a semi-autonomous manner with broad direction being given from their immediate supervisor.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must have hold the following:
- Operate hi-rail vehicle
- Commercial Ops Licence (ACDCB) 3yrs
- Drivers Licence
- Operate road/rail vehicle
Base salary starts at $63,135 + superannuation + overtime and shift allowances.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply to position number 13324 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm Tuesday 5th March, 2019.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please email Sara Bidgood via Sara.email@example.com with your specific enquiry or phone HR Central on 1800 11 5000. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.