Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
Queensland Rail’s Commercial and Strategy group is seeking an experienced and dedicated Senior Manager Procurement for 12 months (with possible extension). Heading up a team of Category Managers you will be expected to lead, direct and inspire the Enterprise Procurement team to focus the team’s efforts on strategic and customer centric supply chain activities across Queensland Rail.
To be successful you will need to be a transformative leader of change to achieve an uplift in commercial and value for money outcomes. You will also need to demonstrate experience implementing strategies aimed at maximising procurement opportunities across a diverse client base as well as creating efficiencies across the procurement supply chain.
You will enjoy the opportunity to:
- Build long term partnerships with a variety of stakeholders including Queensland Rail Executives, Board as well as Ministers and subcommittees.
- Coach, manage and lead a team working across a range of exciting, high-profile projects that benefit the Queensland community.
- Sharing your experience and passion for procurement and providing expert supply chain advice.
This role is for someone who wants to bring their experience and ideas to mature and transform the procurement landscape at Queensland Rail.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- High level of leadership skills including the ability to articulate the corporate vision and translate into customer and commercial outcomes.
- High level of skill in strategic management supported by extensive commercial acumen, with well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain and contractual requirements in a commercial environment and dealing with large scale commercial contract negotiations and strategic procurement.
- High level of influencing, interpersonal, consultation, relationship building and negotiation skills that build and sustain productive working relationships and partnerships.
- High level of skill in the management of a broad and diverse logistics function, including procurement, inventory, reclamation and disposals.
- High level of communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Substantial knowledge of the Queensland Government Procurement Policy.
- Sound Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail's Values and Behaviours.
Enhanced remuneration package will be offered to the right applicant and will be discussed with shortlisted candidates only. In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Apply to position number 67553 by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by no later than 5.00pm, Sunday 3rd March 2019.
Please address your cover letter to Rachel Groves, Senior Recruitment Adviser. To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity phone 07 3072 1925 or email email@example.com. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake an alcohol and other drug screen and video screen.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.