We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
This position is responsible for coordinating and managing a range of employee relations issues and projects. You will provide advice, coaching and support to managers on policy matters, industrial relations issues, legislative requirements and support the resolution of workplace issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide employee relations advice on the effective application of relevant legislation, policies and standards, support the resolution of workplace issues and work with managers to enable workplace reform.
- Consult and negotiate with stakeholders (including unions) about the application of relevant legislation, policies and standards to resolve workplace issues.
- Provide assistance with the implementation of workplace reform initiatives and HR strategies.
- Participate in large multi-disciplinary teams and lead smaller teams to successfully support broader multi-disciplinary objectives.
- Provide direct support to the Employee Relations Manager, especially in the areas of specialist technical advice, business and project planning, and administrative assistance as required.
To be successful in this position you will be required to demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge of employee relations legislation, enterprise agreements and associated standards, policies and procedures.
- High level of skill in coaching, communicating and negotiating within a complex and diverse organisation to resolve workplace issues, equity and diversity matters and support workplace reform initiatives.
- High level of skill in case managing and leading complex workplace investigations and mediations.
- High level of skill in managing change and coaching managers to achieving organisational transformation in the workplace.
- High level of written and interpersonal communication, consultation and negotiation skills.
- Substantial level of skill in managing projects to achieve desired outcomes.
This is a permanent full time position with an annual salary of approximately $103,995.00.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to position number 62061 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 9am Monday the 29th of July 2019.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Ellie via email email@example.com Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.