Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
As the Supervisor Civil Operations for the Far North Region, you will be accountable for supporting the Asset Maintenance Coordinator to effectively manage and coordinate the allocation and deployment of resources. You will ensure the safe delivery and cost-effective maintenance of track in that area.
Based in Cairns, you will be responsible for leading direct team of 3 and have oversight of an indirect team of 16. As this position oversees 230km’s of track + major yards, regular travel is required (70%). To be successful in this role you must have a clean and current driver’s license. You can anticipate some of your daily duties to include:
- Manage delivery of civil maintenance services to ensure service plans and district targets are achieved
- Monitor and support training, performance, succession planning and recruitment for staff
- Determine and arrange closures as required, ensure materials have been arranged and develop corresponding detailed work programs
- Support the Asset Maintenance Coordinator Far North to manage business needs to achieve delivery of the services to customer expectations
- Monitor track related Key Performance Indicators and defect reports for area of responsibility
- Promote achievement of safety and environmental performance targets
- Support the Asset Maintenance Coordinator to manage plant, equipment and motor vehicles
- Extensive experience in civil construction and maintenance standards, systems and processes
- Strong rail industry background
- Leadership experience is desirable
- Substantial level of skills in programming, resource management and service delivery
- Willingness to travel and current QLD driver’s license
Salary grade for this role starts at $82,761 + Super + Penalties for overtime and shift work.
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
Position Description 74461 (2).pdf
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
Apply to position number 74461 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Thursday 8th October 2020. For more information please call Colette Brock on (07) 3072 2568.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.