Queensland Rail's purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting communities through a modern, world-class rail service.
- Queensland Rail is looking for a transformation expert who shares our passion for connecting communities through rail.
- The person we are looking for is a highly motivated, strategic thinker who can deliver enterprise-wide transformational programs.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented an unprecedented challenge for Queensland Rail and the public transport sector, we have exciting plans for the future. There are massive changes planned across this next decade that require the support of a transformation team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Transformation, you will provide expert advice across Queensland Rail's executive and senior leadership teams to design and deliver transformation programs. We will be asking you to help us define business problems and develop solutions that challenge the way we think. This will include detailed assessments of opportunities, as well as creating and maintaining project, process and procedural documentation.
Your positive presence will be visible right across the organisation. Facilitating teamwork and creating a collaborative environment to foster ideas; supporting and mentoring teams through the transformation journey. Your impact will be evident in the strong, influential, and professional relationships you foster with key stakeholders.
You will be a key member of the Strategy, Planning and Transformation team. Your advocacy for innovation and transformation programs will be clear and compelling. Your ability to stay focussed on the big picture, celebrate the small wins along the way and drive performance will ensure your success in this role.
For full position responsibilities please see attached position description
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Substantial experience and record of achievements at a management level delivering transformation initiatives within a large complex organisation
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to lead significant change
- High level of conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills that are supported by sound commercial acumen and experience in managing a range of different contracts/managed service providers
- Solid leadership skills and emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to engage others, to understand and embrace organisational culture, and to set the right pace of change
- Possession of a postgraduate qualification in business or equivalent would be advantageous
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to Transformation Delivery Manager (1767) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm Sunday 26 September 2021
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone call or a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2. While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Kristy Jordan with your specific enquiry on 1800 115 000 or email email@example.com. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.