Team Leader - South - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Team Leader - South
Division: CITY OPERATIONS
Section: PUBLIC DOMAIN
Salary: AUD 115,588.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
The City of Sydney is undergoing major change with the unprecedented redevelopment of several urban renewal areas.
We are seeking a strong, experienced leader to manage the operations of a multi-disciplinary team in the development assessment and delivery of significant public infrastructure. This includes the construction of new roads, footways, drainage, water sensitive urban design, lighting and associated infrastructure by developers, as former industrial areas are converted to new residential and commercial communities.
Our leaders are highly motivated, results-driven professionals who demonstrate excellent technical knowledge; commitment to continuous improvement and superior people skills to drive team performance.
The role will involve a balance of office and site-based work and will include:
- review, negotiation and approval of submissions for large-scale and high profile developments
- review of construction works against approved plans to ensure compliance
- ability to think on your feet to identify and solve complex problems
- driving team performance.
We need an outstanding leader who:
- has tertiary qualifications in civil engineering, landscape architecture or a related field and substantial experience in the design, review or construction management of civil works
- has a 'can-do' attitude, who looks for challenges and opportunities
- is a team-player with exceptional interpersonal and conflict management skills
- is highly organised and can routinely meet tight deadlines and deal with conflicting priorities
- pays attention to detail, with clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
At the City of Sydney you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger – delivering great things for our city’s dynamic future
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Position description: CLICK HERE – see instructions below
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by Tuesday 24 October 2017.
For further information contact: Sue McMahon, Public Domain Manager on 029265 9557.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 24 Oct 2017
- NSW - Sydney
- $115,588.00 per annum plus Supera
- Work Type:
- Full Time