- Permanent Full Time Position
- Salary between $64,227 to $73,318 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
The Building team forms part of the Environmental Health and Building Services Unit and is responsible for providing an effective and efficient building control service, with an emphasis on excellent customer service and ensuring a safe built environment for the municipality.
The Building team is responsible for administration of the Building Act and relevant building regulations in the municipality. This includes the judicious application of building notices, orders and infringements, the issuing of reports and consents as delegated by Council to ensure the protection of public safety and Council’s assets adjoining building sites. The Building Team provides guidance to builders, owners and occupiers to develop safe practices.
The Building Inspector is responsible for undertaking duties and responsibilities in accordance with Council policies and procedures and to carry out duties as directed to ensure efficient and effective administration and enforcement of the Building Act 1993 and the Building Regulations 2006.
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant qualification as a Building Inspector with demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Thorough Understanding of the Building Act 1993, Building Regulations 2006, National Construction Code and associated Standards.
- Proven performance in developing, implementing and maintaining co-operative working relationships within the team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to apply in conjunction with technical skills to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize discretion and apply sound decision-making skills.
- Ability to investigate and prepare reports and recommendations on complex building issues as a part of compliance assessments.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
The closing date for this position is: midnight Sunday 18 March 2018
For further information on the above position, contact Amy Boyd, Executive Manager Regulatory Services, on (03)5320 5570
The City of Ballarat is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.