Banyule Council has an opportunity for an Asset /Engineering Student to gain work experience in the field of Asset Management and Civil Engineering.
The role of Student Engineer resides within the Assets and City Services unit which is responsible for Asset Management and the maintenance of Council infrastructure that includes roads, buildings, footpaths, bridges, shared trails, drains, street furniture and line marking.
As the Asset/Engineering Student you will assist staff in "Asset Management" Section of the City Assets Unit and provide residents/customers with advice in relation to Assets and Infrastructure Maintenance issues.
The main responsibilities of the Student Engineer are as follows;
- To carry out administrative tasks under direction, in relation to Asset Management, Infrastructure maintenance matters and assist in providing excellent service internal stakeholders and to the public.
- Provide support to the Asset Management team primarily, but also to staff generally in the City Assets Unit.
Skills and experience:
- An understanding of Asset management, Infrastructure maintenance activities and engineering principles
- The ability to deliver successful outcomes in a set time frame
- Experience in a customer service related role
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and to contribute to the goals and objectives of the Service Unit
We can offer you:
- $63,768.64 to $67,729.73 plus super
- Temporary full time August 2020 to August 2021
- 38 hours per week plus a monthly RDO
- Greensborough office close to shops, cafes, and public transport
- 20% discount in your yearly myki pass.
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and well-being initiatives
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Senavi Abeykoon Assets Management Team Leader on 9433 7730 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Tuesday 30 June 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply