About the Engineering Services Department
This department is part of our City Services Division, and is responsible for the effective and sustainable management of Council’s infrastructural assets, including the planning, design, and delivery of a number of asset-related services.
About the role
The Traffic Engineer (Officer) will assist with traffic strategies and programs and will provide timely and sound advice on traffic and transport related issues.
- Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.
- Investigate traffic related requests and enquiries.
- Prepare, collect and analyse data and prepare traffic solutions to complex problems.
- Manage traffic related projects and work instructions, including associated budgets as required.
- Maintain and operate traffic management equipment and devices as required.
- Manage and undertake the traffic classifier program as required.
- Deliver an excellent customer experience in relation to matters concerning the City’s transport and traffic management, including the resolution of complex customer enquiries and concerns relating to the role.
- Establish, develop and maintain systems and procedures used within the unit and ensure security of Council’s assets under Officers control.
Key selection criteria
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering and/or relevant industry experience.
- Traffic management experience in urban and regional areas.
- Sound knowledge of relevant policy and legislation, including the Road Management Act 2004.
- Ability to set priorities and plan/organise work allocated.
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with professional engineers and people of similar disciplines in the administration of defined activities.
- Well-developed analytical, investigative and problem solving skills.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location - all only 1 hour from Melbourne. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and many varied learning and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to our community.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
Enquiries: Jarrod Malone | 03 5272 4206 | email@example.com
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 8 December 2017.