Senior Asset Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Mildura Rural City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Asset Officer
Full Time Position
Job Number: R2179
Applications Close: 4pm Thursday 16 June 2022
Mildura, situated on the Murray River in North West Victoria, is a vibrant city offering the perfect work/life opportunities. Only a short flight from three capital cities, Mildura is home to more than 55,000 residents, while combining quality services, exciting attractions, diverse industries, and a strong community spirit.
Mildura Rural City Council covers almost 10 per cent of the State, delivering more than 100 critical services and infrastructure to its resident base across 22,000 square kilometres.
With plenty of opportunities for career advancement and experience combined with fantastic social, sporting and educational opportunities, don’t miss your chance to call Mildura Rural City Council home.
Council’s Asset Services Branch is seeking an enthusiastic person to fill the position of Senior Asset Officer – R2179.
This role allows for flexible working arrangements and as part of the package, Council will also provide relocation assistance to help support a move to the region.
The officer will be responsible for:
- Managing Council’s Asset Registers to ensure data is relevant, accurate and meets requirements.
- Producing financial valuations and condition reports, modelling and analysis and recommendations in relation to the management of Council’s assets.
- Working with other Council Departments to develop and implement Asset Management Plans and long-term Capital Renewal Programs.
Qualifications and Experience
Ideally the successful applicant will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Data Management and/or Analysis, Engineering, Finance, Project Management, or business-related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Strategic Asset Management preferably in the public sector.
- Experience in supporting an environment of efficient and effective collaboration and teamwork.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyse and distribute large amounts of information with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- A current driver licence.
Salary and Conditions
The position is classified within Band 7 of Council’s Current Enterprise Agreement commencing at $96,551.89 per annum plus statutory superannuation.
Mildura Rural City Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culture that values diversity. We encourage applications from individuals of all ages, backgrounds, and identities.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will need to provide a Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Mildura Rural City Council is a Child Safe organisation and as such, applicants may be required to hold a Working with Children Check. Applicants may also be required to undergo a pre-employment medical check as per the requirements of the role.
What to know more?
To find out more about the role head over to www.mildura.vic.gov.au/Council/Employment for a copy of the Position Description and Application Form. Alternatively, contact Human Resources on (03) 5018 8197 or via email at email@example.com
Applicants that do not address the key selection criteria in their application may not be considered.
- Closing Date:
- 16 Jun 2022
- VIC - Mildura
- commencing at $96,551.89 per annum
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Facilities Management