- Salary - $76,519.74 + Super
- Full time position
- Supportive team environment
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our people and community are the heart of all that we do and ensuring that our staff work in safe and supportive workplace is a high priority to us. Moreland City Council Waste services Team are seeking a professional Side Loader Operator with a willingness to get in and get things done to join our diverse waste team. Reporting to the Team Leader and Works Officer for Waste Services you would primarily be tasked with collection services of one of our 3 waste streams (Garbage, Recycling or FOGO) on the North side of the Moreland City Council Municipality.
This role is a full time role within the Waste Services team and is scheduled on a 35 hour week (5:15am – 12:15pm) Monday to Friday. Industry experience will be highly regarded for this role.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- HR drivers license as a minimum
- Previous experience in waste operations
- Previous experience operating side arm and rear loader waste collection vehicles
- Previous experience kerbside waste collection activities
- Must be available for a 5:00am start
- Mechanical knowledge and ability to identify basic mechanical problems
- Excellent customer service ethic
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Commitment to safety and willingness to work as part of a team
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact John Kastanaras on 83114322.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 27 November 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.