Group Procurement Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Group Procurement Manager
- Great opportunity to build and develop procurement processes and governance across the organisation
- Sydney CBD Location
- Rewarding salary and benefits
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are looking for an experienced and outcomes focused Group Procurement Manager to join our growing organisation. In this role you will have responsibility for leading the procurement function and ensuring support and delivery to the procurement policy and framework. Partnering with a range of internal stakeholders, you will support and drive procurement governance and compliance across the business. Responsibilities will include:
- Driving savings through reducing off-contract spend and setting up commercially effective sourcing initiatives or preferred supplier agreements
- Implementing systems, processes and procedures to ensure all services are managed to deliver the best value outcome
- Delivering strategies to reduce vendor numbers, driving efficiencies and developing strategic relationships
- Providing procurement leadership and support on sourcing initiatives and activities
- Growing and building organisational procurement capability across the organisation
- Day to day management of a Procurement Analyst
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar, hands on and strategic procurement position along with a relevant tertiary qualification
- Extensive knowledge of strategic procurement and end to end commercial /category management best practice
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to partner with key senior stakeholders across the business
- Previous people management experience
- A consultative and customer focussed approach
- Strong problem solving, analytical thinking and financial modelling skills
- Demonstrated experience in delivering procurement initiatives and improvements
- Proven ability in navigating ambiguity and articulating information in a concise and clear manner
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned procurement professional who is looking to play a key role in partnering with the business to deliver effective governance and processes whilst ensuring commercial viability. This rewarding and challenging role will see you use your experience in implementing new processes and delivering functional change.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application. Closing Date: 31st May 2019.
- Closing Date:
- 31 May 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time