Engineering Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Full-Time Permanent role based in Perth- CBD
- Fantastic opportunity to be part of a fast-growing National Energy Provider
- Bring your strategic leadership team management experience and lead high performing Engineering team
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Power Generation team based in Perth. Reporting to Head of Engineering, the Engineering Manager will lead and manage a highly technical and professional Engineering Services team which provides solutions and support to complex engineering problems and helps develop and deliver maintenance capex projects across the power generation sites. The role demands a strong focus on leadership to achieve required outcomes of the work group and the promotion of high-performance standards.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Interaction with major customers and regulators with respect to technical queries
- Interaction with internal key stakeholders addressing a range of technical queries
- Develop robust engineering solutions and ensure technical asset integrity to meet corporate objectives
- Ensure adherence to engineering cost and schedule commitments
- Maintain an assessment of the business's current engineering capability and capacity
- Work with business development teams to provide engineering support for new business acquisitions and power development projects
- Develop strong networks and relationships with key contractors, suppliers and authorities
- Encourage an environment of sharing knowledge and ideas to ensure continuous improvement
To be successful you will have:
- Seasoned professional engineer with recognised management and business experience
- 10+ years’ experience in the design, construction, commissioning and operation of power stations
- Significant exposure to gas fired power generation
- Demonstrated success in leading a multi-disciplined team of engineers
- Proven success in creating innovative engineering solutions to complex problems
- Ability to make rational, data-driven decisions under pressure while maintaining a calm and confidence-inspiring demeanour
- Proven experience in the management of service agreements, contracts and management of major projects
- Budgeting and reporting experience
- Working knowledge of relevant technical rules, standards, codes of practice and Acts and Regulations
- Registered as a Chartered Engineer (CPEng) with Engineers Australia
This role will suit someone who is recognized as a thought-leader in identifying and sharing best engineering solutions and develop high calibre engineering teams.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 11 July 2019
- Closing Date:
- 11 Jul 2019
- WA - Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation and Distribution