About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity as our Head of Internal Audit - End to End Process. Reporting to the General Manager, Internal Audit you will oversee non-stores Audits across Woolworths Group, leading the end to end audit team to develop, implement and deliver the annual audit plan.
Working closely with the GM, IA you will prepare and implement a risk-based audit plan to assess, report on, and make suggestions for improving the design and effectiveness of the organisation’s key operational and finance controls. The role will lead a team of professionals and will develop and drive a collaborative and business partnering approach, creating strong relationships across the Group. The role will also ensure all activities operate within the context of the Risk Framework, that Audit findings contain the appropriate context, insight and materiality to provide reasonable assurance to the Audit Committee and Group Executive on the effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management and the strength and effectiveness of internal controls.
You will be comfortable working in an agile and matrixed environment, leading teams to work end to end and delivering to multiple stakeholders with a collaborative approach. You will need to take a business-focused and relationship-oriented approach, adding value through your strong audit and risk management experience as well as your strategic and commercial insight. We’re looking for someone to bring a fresh perspective to the business and be prepared to look at things differently and challenge constructively where required.
In addition to the above you will:
- Ensure that all deliverables, including Audit Committee Packs and other documents as required are complete, accurate and of a standard suitable for Board and committee reporting.
- Receive, prioritise and execute requests from Senior Management / ARMCC for special projects and management requests.
- Work with key stakeholders across the businesses and support functions to understand emerging risks to inform the Annual Audit Plan.
- Manage and monitor performance of the strategic professional service provider panel arrangements.
- Deliver against, and coach and support others to achieve a level of engagement with the business supporting the concept of Internal Audit as a partner with the business.
- Ensure methodical documentation of work plans, testing results, conclusions and recommendations.
- Ensure follow up on findings and corrective actions.
- Provide technical assistance with investigations, special audits, and provide subject-matter expertise as needed.
- Shape an environment and team culture that embodies Woolworths’ purpose, values and ways of working.
- Build productive working relationships and ensure alignment with key Group stakeholders on assurance strategies and plans.
In addition to strong technical audit and assurance capability, the successful candidate will have strong business partnering and stakeholder management capabilities, and be a strategic and agile thinker. Being able to see the bigger picture and flow-on impacts across the overall customer landscape and Woolworths ecosystem will be critical. The pace of change at Woolworths means you will need to be both energetic and intrinsically motivated, and committed to continually finding better ways of operating. Specific requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent field, with postgraduate qualification in an Auditing field (CA/CPA/CIA/CISA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 12 years experience in financial / operational / technology / auditing or related roles.
- Experience in conducting audits, or working in an Audit Practices function preferably in a retail, FMCG environment or large complex business
- Experience in the transformation and maintenance of an Audit function and integrated assurance planning across the 3 lines of defence
- Clear and succinct communication and writing skills; experience in Executive/Board committee report writing
- Strong analytical skills, data analysis and interrogation skills.
- Experience business partnering at C-Suite and Board level preferred, with the ability to build productive relationships
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and develop high performing teams in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Decisive, can deal with ambiguity and apply scrutiny, challenge and judgement.
- Demonstrated experience leading across a matrix organisation and partnering with senior leaders on strategic, complex decision-making.
- Internal auditing standards, responsibilities, code of ethics, and certification.
- Detailed understanding of the internal audit methodology, audit standards and IIA requirements.
- Understanding of financial, process and system controls and established risk management frameworks (for example COSO).
- Deep understanding of Internal auditing’s role in corporate governance and its key relationships with the audit committee, board, and executive and operating management.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.