Our client, who is a high-profile organisation in Newcastle are seeking a Development Services Engineer to join their Assets Management team with an immediate start based in their Head Office in Newcastle.
Reporting to the Wastewater Network Planning Team Leader, you will be primarily responsible for undertaking options assessments, upgrade strategies and operational investigations relating to the wastewater network. You are also responsible for the following:
- Provide advice to internal stakeholders related to wastewater network capacity
- Scaling of SCADA derived flows for wastewater network
- Prepare hydraulic models so that they are ready for calibration.
- Manage allocated projects in a financially responsible way, ensuring operations are cost effective and costs are controlled
- Generate and implement ideas to improve business performance which align with business objectives
- Ensure quality communication is a priority within & across the team and externally
- Proactively drive improved communication and knowledge sharing with other groups internally
The Successful Candidate
- Bachelor of Civil/Environmental Engineering
- Demonstrated understanding of wastewater network operations
- Sound understanding and/or experience in the investigation and planning of wastewater networks
- Highly developed problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Demonstrated computer application skills including hydraulic software modelling
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
What’s on offer?
- Immediate start for a 13 week assignment with one of Newcastle’s sought after employers
- Supportive company culture and team environment
- Newcastle CBD location
- Competitive hourly rate with the option to work 4 or 5 days/week
Please APPLY via the link. Please note that applications will be reviewed from the 7th January 2019.