- Are you a highly motivated Mechanical Technician?
- Make a difference - add value through efficient & Effective technical support
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Mechanical Technician.
You as the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, operating and maintaining a diverse pool of scientific equipment for use in the field and aboard ships including the RV Investigator.
You will be tasked with preparing equipment for deployments, and ensuring that equipment is properly maintained and stored upon completion of use.
In this position you will be required to go to sea aboard a variety of vessels and ports to deploy the equipment. You will assist in the preparation of deployment procedures and safe work instructions, and exercise professional conduct while at sea with an emphasis on health and safety.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Maintain, manage and repair scientific equipment.
- Prepare and mobilise equipment for deployments in the field.
- Deploy scientific equipment at sea, troubleshoot and repair equipment as needed.
Location: Hobart TAS
Tenure: Specified Term for 3 years
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Experience in a mechanical trade skilled engineering background
- Great problem solving and communication skills
- A desire, ability and motivation to work at sea and remote locations
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Oceans and Atmosphere provides the knowledge to manage Australia's marine estate and atmospheric environment, plan for and respond to weather and climate related natural hazards and ensure sustainable coastal development and growth of marine industries.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Thursday 14 December 2017