- Legal qualified paralegal or lawyer looking for a change?
- Interested in drafting / negotiating research and IP related contracts?
- Join the CSIRO Commercial Contracts team!
CSIRO’s vision is to be Australia’s innovation catalyst, boosting the country’s innovation performance and creating value for our customers that makes a positive difference to our nation. At CSIRO, it is an exciting time, where the focus is on Australia’s future and cultivating a competitive edge for global engagement for National Benefit, a core part of CSIRO’s 2020 strategy.
We are seeking an experienced Contract Manager to join our Commercial Contracts team which is part of CSIRO’s Business Development & Commercial Group. You will provide contract preparation, drafting and associated paralegal services within the CSIRO Agriculture and Food Business Unit.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Preparation and negotiation of lower risk research / IP related contract terms for a specified internal client group;
- Providing advice to research staff on appropriate contracting pathways, agreement selection and other lower risk contracting matters.
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain), ACT
Salary: AU $80k to AU $91k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 15 months – commencing July 2018.
Job Reference: 56818
To be successful, you will need:
- Tertiary Legal qualifications or relevant experience in the drafting and amendment of contract terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and amending contract terms and conditions (preferably in research related Commonwealth and State Government agreements).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including an ability to clearly communicate contractual issues and risks to relevant personnel.
- Demonstrated high level analytical skill and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify and solve problems and make sound judgements.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 56818. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications Close: Sunday, 20th May 2018