- Do you have a talent for working with digital agricultural technologies?
- Use your skills to support a range of different research projects
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Agriculture and Food is seeking to appoint a leading farm hand at their Boorowa Agricultural Research Station.
The successful candidate will provide a high standard of technical support to assist the CSIRO conduct field research. This job will initially be located at the Ginninderra Experiment Station (GES) in ACT, then at the new Boorowa Agricultural Research Station (BARS) once construction has been completed in 2019, plus other regional sites as required.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Deliver a high standard of technical (leading Farm Hand) support to research staff.
- Prepare and maintain field trials, report problems and implement relevant control strategies.
- Maintain, calibrate and operate general farm machinery and specialised research machinery.
Location: Boorowa NSW
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 year term appointment
To be successful you will need:
- Higher School Certificate with proven numeracy and literacy skills, Diploma in Agricultural Science and/or equivalent experience would be highly regarded.
- Current Australian Manual Driver’s Licence.
- Medium rigid truck licence
- Demonstrated and/or qualified experience in the safe operation of agricultural plant and machinery items and livestock management.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday 26 June 2018