- Would you like to work in the Robotic & Automation Industry?
- Do you have experience in electrical wiring and soldering?
- Join the Robotics and Autonomous Systems group.
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together CSIRO's Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. The combined group will bring together approximately 600 research staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia.
As the Mechatronics Technician you will be critical team member in a number of projects within the Cyber Physical Systems program including projects for Boeing, DARPA, GeoSLAM, Woodside and Emesent Autonomy. You will be part of a multi-skilled and highly motivated Robotics and Autonomous Systems group.
In this role, you will work with research scientists and engineers on world leading research in the areas of robotics and automation. You will be responsible for the electrical, electronic and mechanical system assembly and support of robotic, automated and sensor systems.
Your duties will include
- Provide electrical, electronic and mechanical system assembly and support of robotic, automated and sensor systems.
- Support researchers and engineers in recommending mechanical, electrical and electronic systems.
- Provide specifications and costing for resources as required.
- Procure and order materials including electrical and mechanical components.
- Support 3D Printers including operating, maintaining and sourcing material for FDM and Poly Jet printers.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
Salary: AU$82450 - AU$93280 + up to 15.4% Superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A Certificate III in Engineering - Electrical/Electronic Trade or Advanced Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering or trade experience in a related field.
- Experience of electrical, electronic and mechanical system assembly.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in electrical wiring, hand / power tools, soldering including surface mount components.
- A solid understanding of workplace health and safety guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday, 3rd January, 2018