- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Business and Infrastructure Services!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the smooth operation of site property and buildings and support services within their area of responsibility. The role typically supervises a small team that delivers services that may include: Receipt & Dispatch including some level of stores facility; Reception and Administrative duties; Fleet site based management; Site security and Access control and work flow coordination services required to process, allocate and monitor the facilities management related work for the site.
Working as part of the broader CBIS regional team, the role delivers high quality services and contributes to continuous improvement of work-flow systems and processes. This position coordinates the delivery of the facilities maintenance services and daily operational activities including the provision of efficient corrective maintenance works and preventative maintenance activities.
The role contributes to providing direction to the establishment / refinement of effective strategies, challenging day to day assumptions in delivering continuous improvements in asset management including effective asset monitoring, maintenance scheduling and reporting.
Your duties will include:
- Providing timely, responsive customer service throughout all communications and works co-ordination with relevant contractors, supervisors, managers and customers at all stages of the job request process.
- Supervising on site contractor delivery through monitoring of contractor performance in line with contract KPI’s. Providing feedback to management and the CBIS Manager Contracts, Compliance, Lease and Licence by way of timely information provision (service dockets) and reporting.
- Actively participating in the Facilities Condition Audit Program and annual reviews of site or region facilities and services, including assistance with the updating of the MPlan data.
- Providing and applying technical advice and operational expertise in regard to equipment functionality and possible design alternatives; asset condition status and expected service delivery life; seasonal demands; preventative asset maintenance programs and replacement priority work schedules based on priorities and service needs.
- Identifying and advising on emerging risks (including regulatory and compliance issues) and threats in delivering asset management escalating issues in a timely manner and as needed to ensure risks are effectively managed.
- Performing regular enquires on the site BMS and security systems, including the overseeing of the provision of security and access control cards for staff and tenants.
- Participating in after-hours “on call” roster and emergency response requirements for the sites in the respective area.
- Contributing to the development of facility operational and maintenance plans and budgets, coordinating the activities, monitoring cash flows and reporting on the site maintenance activities.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: AU$83K - AU$94K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite (Full-time)
To be considered you will need:
- A building related trade certificate or relevant work experience in the delivery of facility management services including “hard services” such as repairs, maintenance and minor works; and “soft services” including security, cleaning, waste management, grounds maintenance and accommodation relocations for a diverse range of complex and highly serviced research and support facilities.
- Experience in the development and coordination of timely procurement and delivery of reliable, cost effective FM services.
- Awareness of procurement processes, including arranging internal or external service providers, approvals, preparation and coordination of technical specifications for tender documents, tender and formal quotation procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work under general direction, accept responsibility and be accountable for on-site service provision, including capability to co-ordinate trade and other services contractors to ensure delivery of hard and soft services in accordance with relevant time, cost, quality, statutory and user satisfaction requirements;
- Sound understanding of relevant procedures/protocols, compliance and statutory requirements associated with Federal, State and Local Government building and services codes and regulations and Occupational Health and Safety requirements that may be applicable to personnel operations and safety and security at CSIRO’s research facilities.
- Ability to work closely with a diverse operational team of property professionals across several sites and proven experience in providing support to a complex property portfolio comprising of several sites and a diverse cross section of business requirements.
- Proven interpersonal skills including sound negotiation and written and oral communication skills and an ability to cultivate productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, landlords, tenants and service providers.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
27th May 2020, 11:00pm AEST