Calibration Facility Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Calibration Facility Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the areas that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Lead a facility delivering high quality calibration services for oceanographic instruments across our region
- Communicate research and service results with clients and other stakeholders
- Support and promote the Facility’s evolving presence within Australia and Oceania
As CSIRO’s Calibration Facility Manager, you will provide day-to-day leadership and management across all aspects of our Oceanographic Calibration Facility (‘the Facility’) in Hobart. With a growing reputation and role in the provision of high quality calibration services for oceanographic instruments across Australia and within Oceania, the Facility currently holds NATA accreditation for temperature and pressure calibrations. In addition, calibration of instruments which measure conductivity, turbidity, fluorescence and dissolved oxygen are also undertaken at the Facility. In this key role, you will build and maintain strong relationships, manage financial operations, develop strategic plans and actively support the Facility’s ongoing NATA accreditation for relevant parameters.
Your duties will include:
- Providing day-to-day leadership of the Facility.
- Undertaking calibration work within the Facility, including operation of software, operation of instrumentation and processing of sensitive data.
- Supporting the ongoing NATA accreditation of the Facility.
- Provide leadership and supervision to individuals or a small team, including responsibility for performance management and career development.
- Building strong client relationships, determining their needs and addressing problems constructively.
- Developing budgets and managing the financial operations of the Facility.
- Contributing to ongoing improvement of processes and practices, and developing new calibration techniques as required.
- Developing strategic plans for the Facility and effectively communicating research and service results.
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, full-time
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in electrical or mechanical engineering, metrology, or a related field.
- Experience managing or working within a NATA (or similar) accredited laboratory facility.
- Experience with the calibration of instruments measuring one or more of temperature, pressure and/or conductivity.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive external relationships.
- Experience leading small teams of technical or scientific staff.
To see the full list of criteria for this role, please view the Position Details
- Applications are open to Australian and New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent, and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Wednesday 8 June, 2022 (11pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 08 Jun 2022
- TAS - Hobart
- AU$102k - AU$111k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time