We are seeking an experienced Safety Advisor for our client who has forged an impressive reputation for their safety culture and performance across the country. They are on a mission to take this iconic Australian business into the future through new technologies and ideas. They put the safety of their people, customers and communities first and this is your chance to advance your Safety career with Asia Pacific's largest privately-owned logistics company.
Based in Hazelmere and reporting to the Western Australia Safety Manager, you will play a hands-on role in providing support across various sites where you will actively coach, influence and mentor the operations team providing them with specialised workplace health and safety advice.
- Positively influence employees and leaders by promoting the development of a culture of safety across all levels within the organisation.
Provide input to the ongoing development of the Safety Management Systems and drive continuous improvement initiatives including analysing and presenting data to highlight trending safety risks
Support leaders with major incident investigations, identify causes and contributing factors and undertake reviews of incident investigations implementing action plans to prevent reoccurrence
Support leaders to provide safe systems of work through facilitating risk assessments, developing Safe Working Procedures (SWPS) and maintaining a risk register
Provide support to metropolitan and regional sites and have the ability to travel to sites as required
As an experienced Safety Advisor with a strong practical and operational focus, your passion to drive safety across the companies three WA sites, coupled with your ability to work in an open, collaborative and inclusive manner will ensure success in this role.
Requirements of the role include:
- Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety, Risk Management or a related field (minimum Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety)
- Experience in mining, transport and/or logistics industry (highly desirable).
- Demonstrated experience in leading incident investigations and audits
- Strong understanding of Workplace Health and Safety legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Sound knowledge of safety management systems and risk management methodologies
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity and deal with sensitive information
On offer for the successful Safety Advisor is a chance to work for a company that is 100% committed to your ongoing development, creating a career you can truly be proud of. With over 24,000 people in 10 countries - and growing - they are all about being the best they can be: as a company and as individuals. Don't delay and APPLY TODAY. Alternatively contact Anthony Marchesani on 0408 09 09 32 for a confidential discussion.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.