Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing talented professionals who are safety and delivery focused, and are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. We are passionate about promoting work/life balance so our people feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Due to MTM’s rapid growth, we are currently looking for a dynamic and experienced Delivery Manager to join our Metro Tunnel Project (MTP), looking after our Infrastructure Program. The Metro Tunnel Project is being delivered in three work packages, with a program level team (RPVP) assisting each package. The three work packages are: Rail Systems Alliance, Rail Infrastructure Alliance and the Tunnels and Stations Public Private Partnership.
The Delivery Manager - Infrastructure will lead the business change required to support Victoria’s ‘Big Build’ Infrastructure Program, specifically relating to the Metro Tunnel Project (MTP). You will ensure the safe delivery of the MTP Infrastructure, a team of over 80 people and a turnover of over $500m, acting as the Alliance Leadership Team (ALT) for MTM.
The Delivery Manager - Infrastructure is an integral member of the MTP Leadership Team reporting into the Project Director, and is an important member of the Extended Senior Leadership Group within MTM, interacting on a frequent basis with the MTM CEO, Executive Directors and the Board.
You will lead strongly on safety and actively contribute to strengthening the safety culture at MTM, developing key skills needed to advance Metro’s strategic and safety priorities. You will be resilient, agile and responsive to all of your stakeholder’s needs, navigating through complex and ambiguous situations to achieve the best outcome for MTM and our passengers, while delivering good commercial outcomes.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience managing project or Systems integration, including all life cycle facets associated with design, procurement, installation, commissioning and handover
- Extensive experience of current scheduling, cost control, project management techniques and Commercial and Contract management
- Previous experience in an integration/business change environment within a complex organisation
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or equivalent
- A proven ability to work with a significant degree of independence, operating within broad objectives and providing leadership, advice and assistance to the Executive and the broader organisation
- Comfortable and effective within a changing, ambiguous and fast pace environment with the ability to make sound business decisions and deliver within tight time frames
This is a fantastic and high profile opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by COB 6th December 2020.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.