Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
About the Role
We are currently seeking numerous Project Engineer – Design and Commissioning to work in our Franchisee Projects Division. This is part of a large scale project that will interface and work with State projects as part of Victoria’s Big Build, which in turn will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services
In this role, you will support the Project Manager in the delivery of project tasks and milestones and assist in the interface management with contractors, various MTM business groups and the State. You will be working on the SLU (Sunbury Line Upgrade) which is worth $120 Million, the project will deliver station upgrades and neccessary electrical upgrades as well you wil also be part of a cohesive and dynamic enviroment where no two days will be the same.
About your responsibilities
- Adherence to all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Review design drawings in compliance to the project Scope of Works & Metro Trains standards
- Manage the preparation of testing & scope documentation for specific activities/works and progress the engagement of the contractor/supplier, including tendering, evaluation, and contract award
- Manage Safety, Environmental, Risk, Quality and Assurance Management of works on site, including but not limited to: approving SWMS, preparing/reviewing/approving Project Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) etc
- Manage the delivery of works in accordance with the issued-for-construction design information and drawings, ensuring that a current drawing register is maintained and that the documentation is issued to all the relevant parties
- Manage individual packages of work on the project, as assigned by the Senior Project Engineer, through design, delivery, testing & commissioning and handover
- Lead the detailed planning for specific project activities, as assigned by the Senior Project Engineer
- Undertake assigned work duties to ensure their completion on time, within budget, mitigating project risk and impact on train operations whilst ensuring construction standards are maintained and conform to safety, reliability and quality
- Assist the Senior Project Engineer with Project Monthly Reporting, including schedule assessment, accruals, forecasting etc.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering suitable for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Knowledge and experience with high & low voltage testing
- Experience with SEL protection relays advantageous
- Sound experience in engineering principles of planning, report preparation and scheduling
- Sound experience in multi-disciplinary rail projects (signalling experience desirable)
- Ability to assess functional specifications for compliance
- Ability to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to follow occupational health, safety and environmental procedures in the rail industry
- Ability to identify and analyse risks, and make corrective actions
Please submit your application by COB 26 March 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.