Team Leader Procurement - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Team Leader Procurement
- Ongoing, Full-Time opportunity
- Salary commencing from $128,850 plus 15% superannuation
Icon Water’s Legal and Procurement team is looking for a proactive individual with strong leadership and interpersonal skills to be our next Team Leader Procurement.
In this role, you will lead a team which maintains and improves our procurement framework and provides practical support to the organisation to facilitate the business achieving value for money outcomes.
Your day will involve:
- Providing support, strategic advice and mentoring to Icon Water’s business units to ensure application and embedding of consistent processes in accordance with Icon Water’s procurement framework and based on better practice (public and private sectors), compliance with procurement principles and value for money.
- Leading and mentoring a small professional team, provide clear direction and objectives, encourage innovation and set standards of behaviour for the team in relation to the provision of procurement services within Icon Water.
- Maintaining the procurement framework, including all relevant procedures and fit for purpose procurement templates for use across the business including a process for review and continuous improvement with a focus on enhancing commerciality, clarity and efficiency to enhance business outcomes.
- In consultation with the Deputy General Counsel, leading the development and implementation of a program of work for delivery of improvements in procurement service delivery and practices in order to resolve problems and facilitate Icon Water achieving its outcomes, including improvements in contract management processes and tools.
- Reviewing, advising and assisting on a range of RFxs; preparation, evaluation, contract negotiations and procurement enquiries including for complex strategic procurements.
For more information on the key responsibilities, please refer to the position description attached to the job advert.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification/s in law, management, commerce or procurement.
- Extensive experience in procurement processes, including development of procurement strategies, RFx preparation, evaluation and contract negotiation.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of procurement frameworks, processes and tools, including taking steps to successfully innovate those processes and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including coaching and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated ability to bring commercial awareness to advice in order to support better practice and value for money outcomes.
Bonus if you have:
- Other qualifications in a business, legal or finance related discipline desirable.
Apply via our Recruitment portal and:
- Submit your resume
- Submit a cover letter addressing the ‘our ideal candidate will possess’ section of the job advertisement.
To learn more about this opportunity we encourage you to contact Heather Wilson on 0436 943 631. If you have any questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application close: Sunday 15 May 2022
- Closing Date:
- 15 May 2022
- ACT - Mitchell
- $128,850 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time