Building Approval and Network Protection Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Building Approval and Network Protection Officer
- 2 years Maximum-Term, Full-Time opportunity
- Remuneration: $77,610 plus 15% superannuation
- Help shape a business dedicated to the Canberra community
Our Customer Engagement team is looking for a service-orientated individual with strong communication and problem-solving skills to take on the Building Approval and Network Protection Officer role. As part of the Building Services team, you will work with our external partners to protect Icon Water’s assets by influencing development applications, providing solutions on interference to the water and sewer networks.
As the Network Protection Officer, you will work autonomously and use your well-developed customer services skills to provide advice and information to a range of external partners on Icon Water’s water and sewerage networks in accordance with the organisation’s standards, guidelines, policies and processes.
In this role, you will:
- Assess building applications by undertaking document reviews, site inspections and investigations and provide assessments relevant to Icon Water assets.
- Assess building applications to ensure water and sewerage networks are protected from damage, access is maintained and mitigate the risk of damage to the landholder’s property.
- Issue statements of compliance or non-compliance as required in alignment with the ACT Government Development Approval and Private Certifier’s Building Approval processes.
- Provide advice in the design and construction of structures.
- Receive building applications and management of team email inbox as required by the Team Leader Building Services.
- Engage with customers to facilitate compliance with relevant legislation.
- Process network protection cases, when required.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Current Driver’s license
- Sound knowledge of the building and construction industry.
- Capacity to read and interpret building construction plans in conjunction with Icon Water network maps and apply (Icon Water) standards and guidelines to a broad range of conditions.
- Demonstrated level of verbal and written communication skills, with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and work in a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a customer facing role.
If you are keen in taking up this exciting opportunity, please apply via our online recruitment portal. Please submit your resume and a maximum two-page cover letter demonstrating how you meet the qualifications, skills and experience needed to be successful in this role.
For more information, please contact Tim Healy on 0418 360 029
If you need assistance with the recruitment process, please email email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 12 June 2022
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Jun 2022
- ACT - Mitchell
- $77,610 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time