We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are looking for a Maintenance Officer to join our team at Keepit Dam. As part of a hard working and highly skilled team, you will play a pivotal role in the ongoing maintenance and service activities for water infrastructure assets and river systems.
This is a Permanent Full Time role which reports into Maintenance Team Leader.
To be successful in this role you must be a self-motivated team player who has a passion for hands on work and a commitment to safety in line. Trades qualification will be looked on favourably but not essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operational maintenance tasks aligned with the preventative maintenance program.
- Dam surveillance and water quality sampling
- Accurate documentation and ongoing reporting on maintenance and services
Skills and qualifications required:
- Maintaining assets at a high-level including ground maintenance, vegetation control and operations and surveillance.
- The ability to work as part of a team and contribute to a positive and hardworking culture.
- Willing to travel and work at various sites within Water NSW.
- Demonstrate good computer skills and the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Current NSW driver’s licence.
What we are offering
- 9-day fortnight
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great workplace with good job variety
- Ongoing training provided
We are looking for someone who can work in a high-volume environment with competing priorities required on multiple tasks.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description .Queries may be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 17 January 2022