We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
As part of a hard working and highly skilled team, you will work on one of the States most significate and critical assets.
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will participate in the preparation and execution of maintenance works as required, assist with project planning and delivery. The key role is to supervise day to day work activity by ensuring all works are performed in compliance with WaterNSW safety requirements and that high-quality work is delivered within budget and time requirements to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency. Complete detailed works planning including all scopes of works, work packs, isolation plans, permit preparation drawings, and stakeholder engagement for assigned works to ensure the delivery of the maintenance plan.
You will also participate in incident response and on call rosters as requested, including weekend and shift work when required.
To be successful, you need to have:
- Extensive experience in the maintenance of infrastructure
- Advanced planning skills, typically gained through extensive trade experience or formal planning training
- Advanced knowledge of large water infrastructure operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and safety risk identification and effective control for maintenance related activities
- Demonstrated effective communications skills and ability to work within a team environment
- Positive attitude to get the work done as required and motivate the team to do the same.
- Current NSW driver’s licence.
What we are offering:
- Maintenance staff work 8-day fortnight
- Great workplace with good job variety
- Diverse and supportive team environment.
This is a unique opportunity to work in an organization that values and embraces diversity, and is committed to ensuring that it's employees reflect the NSW community it serves.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information, kindly refer to the attached Position Description .Queries can be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 7th July 2022