$104,890 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary to 30 June 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How this position Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Senior Sustainability Officer the purpose of your position is to develop and deliver a comprehensive and replicable approach for the planning and delivery of sustainable precincts which are climate ready with stakeholders support.
The position will:
- Drive sustainability outcomes in the major urban renewal areas within the City of Melbourne including Fisherman’s Bend and Arden Macaulay;
- Engage with utilities, major institutions and state government to enable alignment and co-delivery of climate ready urban renewal and change;
- Lead key elements of our Climate Change Adaptation Strategy, with a focus on shaping our built form and urban renewal areas to withstand future climate change impacts
- Contribute Environmentally Sustainable Design expertise to urban design, planning, and building projects on an as needed basis.
You will be required to apply your expert advice and work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to advocate for and generate positive sustainability and climate adaptation outcomes.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of climate adaptation concepts and practice, and sustainable development and infrastructure approaches
- Experience in developing and delivering sustainable urban precinct plans and a knowledge of planning process and governance
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in environment, engineering, design, sustainability, public policy, or business related field
- High level written and oral communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Innovative and creative approaches to problem solving
- High level project management capability including demonstrated experience in leading projects with the ability to deliver projects on time and on budget, and to balance and respond to competing priorities
- High level research and data management skills, including computer word processing, spreadsheet, database, web content management, social media and internet.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume (no more than four pages)
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Gavin Ashley, Team Leader Climate Resilience
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne’s Recruitment Team and our Aboriginal Employment Advisor, Lesley Jackson-Lopa, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 or email@example.com between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.