• Be part of a team to deliver on City of Melbourne’s Capital Works Program!
• Multiple permanent positions, full time or flexible hours
• Salary from $89,674 plus super
We are the City of Melbourne, a bold place to be extraordinary.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community by being bold, innovative and sustainable. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Do work that matters. Make the difference.
A bit about the role
Reporting to the Principal Project Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, organising and delivering high quality small to medium project outcomes on time, on budget and within the scope and quality established within the project briefs.
This role will sit under either the Building and/or Strategic team portfolio within our Capital works team. You will collaborate effectively with people at all levels with the ability to negotiate, influence, analyse and problem solve issues to manage the project delivery effectively.
You will join a well-supported team with skills across a range of disciplines for you to learn, grow and tap into.
What you’ll deliver
• End to end project management of Council Works Programs
• Manage the successful delivery of the project from inception to completion
• Management of community and stakeholder engagement processes
• Guidance and leadership to external contractors and consultants
• Effective stakeholder management including regular milestone updates to project control groups
• Collaboration with the project management and design teams to progress projects through to completion
• Input and contribution into strategic plans and outcomes.
What you’ll bring
• Strong experience in a similar capital projects management role
• Experience in managing multiple projects
• Demonstrated understanding of standard forms of construction contracts and building industry practices
• Confident communication skills with the ability to positively influence and negotiate good outcomes
• Strong knowledge of design and documentation processes
• Proven ability to manage a project team of external consultants and contractors
• A track record in lateral thinking and creative problem solving skills
• Ability to present information in front of executive committees and Councillors in a clear and concise manner
• A positive, proactive and curious mind.
Bonus points if you have…
• Experience and an understanding of local government or the public sector
• Previously managed community consultation and engagement processes
• An understanding and history of managing authority approvals.
Make the difference, be extraordinary
We are the economic, social and cultural centre of Victoria and the heartbeat of one of the world’s most loved and liveable cities. By joining us, you will become part of a truly remarkable team whose work directly contributes to shaping the future of Melbourne.
Our people are our greatest assets. We are focused on building an inclusive and constructive culture that empowers all of our people to do their best work and where everyone belongs.
Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
Together, we make the difference.
If you’re ready to do extraordinary things, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Luke Flanagan, Principal Project Manager – Strategic on 0466 851 043 or Waseem Qazi, Principal Project Manager – Buildings on 0437 612 252
Applications will be accepted until 11:45pm Sunday 7 June 2020.
CoM is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is to provide safe and inclusive environments where everyone can belong. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of all walks of life.