Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Do you have experience using protection and automation systems? Join our team and perform network technical studies, develop protection settings, and maintain protection asset records.
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful and positive.
About the opportunity
At Evoenergy, we are looking for a Protection Engineer to join our Network Services Zone Assets team.
This role will perform network technical studies, develop protection settings, and maintain protection asset records. The role will also assist with the development of the maintenance strategies and the program of work to manage the safety and reliability of protection systems in alignment with the broader Asset Management Strategy.
That’s the technical stuff, but we value your energy, curiosity, customer focus and ability to build relationships.
If you are a self-starter, who is passionate about power and cares about driving positive safety behaviour every single day, we'd love to hear from you.
A day in the life:
- Use Configuration Management System to maintain protection data and configuration files
- Conduct condition and performance assessments for Evoenergy’s protection systems to propose solutions in relation to upgrade or maintain protection systems
- Apply technical knowledge and skills as a discipline engineer to develop asset management capabilities and support change initiatives to improve protection systems
- Support improvements in protection guidelines for HV and LV protections to align with best practice industry safety standards
- Participate in the development and monitoring of business processes involving the protection system
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related discipline
- You can demonstrate proven knowledge and experience using protection and automation systems with a communication flavour
- You have a deep understanding of strategic and business planning processes, including demonstrated ability in relation to project planning and project management
- You know about electrical network protection applications
About our application process
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the 'about you' statements in your cover letter.
Are you thinking about making a dynamic career move? Do you have questions about the role? You can contact James Cole, Zones Manager on (02) 6293 5178. Or, if you need assistance with the recruitment process please email email@example.com
Applications will close on Thursday 13 August 2020.
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Aug 2020
- ACT - Canberra
- $123,847 + 15% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation and Distribution