Electrical Designer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Evoenergy has an exciting opportunity to onboard an Electrical Designer to join the Major Projects Team. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to work on electrical reticulation design in estate developments, chamber substation designs, earthing designs, 11kV feeder designs, and more.
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology, and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires, because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful, and positive.
About this opportunity
Within the Electrical Designer role, you will be responsible for the engineering and customer interface related activities for customer-initiated projects including high and low voltage electricity connections and embedded generation connections. This includes working on electrical reticulation design in estate developments, through to chamber substation design, 11kV feeder design and earthing design. You will assist with the development and maintenance of the 12-month customer-initiated program of work and provide advice and support to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Develop detailed project designs and project briefs, including preliminary cost estimates, for assigned customer-initiated projects
- Develop and prepare associated documentation for assigned projects, ensuring that the internal / external customer’s requirements and Evoenergy’s design standards and business objectives are met.
- Develop and prepare construction drawings and wiring diagrams
- Undertake general project related activities for assigned network and customer-initiated projects and ensure projects are delivered within predetermined budgetary and time constraints.
- Assist with any Network Connection Services requirements during planned / unplanned leave and peak workload periods.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred) however an Advanced Diploma, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering is acceptable as a minimum (essential)
- Demonstrated experience in design for complex electricity distribution projects focused on distribution networks/systems
- Demonstrated experience, sound knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment relating to the electricity distribution industry.
- Sound knowledge, understanding and proven experience in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in desktop applications including Microsoft Office, asset / project / works management systems, and financial systems.
- Experience in applications used by Evoenergy such as ArcFM and AutoCAD is desirable.
How to apply
Does this role interest you? If so, we encourage you to submit your resume and a one-page cover letter, outlining the skills and experience you can bring to the role!
Applications close 11.59pm on Monday, the 13th of June.
Applications should be addressed to Sumith Gamage – Design Manager. If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, you can contact Sumith on 02 6242 2187. If you need any guidance with the application process, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion, and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Jun 2022
- ACT - Canberra
- Competitive salary + 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time