Technical Lead - Student Management Systems - [Archived Advertisement]
James Cook University (View other jobs from this organisation)
We now have a full time (36.25 hours) fixed term appointment till 26th March 2021 for a Technical Lead($91,877 - $105,505)to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University. This position is based at the Townsville campus in picturesque North Queensland, where you can enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst achieving your career goals.
What you will achieve
You will have the opportunity to act as the primary point of contact for discovering, planning, documenting and coordinating technical activities within the Student Management Roadmap Program. Working closely with Student Systems, ICT, and other program staff, you will lead the technical stream of the program. Already familiar with formal project management methodologies (SDLC and Agile), you will further develop your skills in delivering technical projects within the program that may require managing cross-functional temporary teams formed for this purpose. You will lead and manage change in an environment shaped by rapidly shifting priorities.
As Technical Lead you will research, discover and recommend strategies and solutions that guide the program’s approach and contribute to solving complex technical and business problems. You will translate functional requirements and architecture documentation into high level and detailed level technical design documents as well as coordinating the technical delivery.
What you can bring
As someone with proven analytical and problem solving skills in enterprise application environments, you will demonstrate a commitment to quality client service and the provision of accurate and timely information with an ability to relate to people and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to achieve outcomes.
You will also have:
• Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts with extensive experience in SQL, PL/SQL
• Proven ability to comprehend and navigate a complex integrated technical environment; conceptualising, documenting and delivering robust, efficient, reliable and secure technical solutions that fulfil business needs
• The ability to lead and motivate cross-functional temporary technical teams to achieve a culture of high performance, client service, teamwork and innovation
• Confidence in representing JCU in dealings with Student Management Systems vendors and industry groups
• A calm, responsive and determined approach to managing change
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU is one of the world’s leading institutions focusing on the tropics and offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- five weeks’ annual leave with attractive options for salary packaging
- flexibility that supports work life balance
Vacancy 16552 - Closes on the Sunday 11th November at midnight
Apply now via https://www.jcu.edu.au/careers-at-jcu
- Closing Date:
- 11 Nov 2018
- QLD - Townsville
- $91,877 - $105,505
- Work Type:
- Full Time