- $69K + Super
- Full time permanent role with access to a fortnightly RDO
- Job Ref: 17994
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, the Moreland City Council offices are just 8km from the CBD and are easily accessible by public transport or cycling.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic backhoe operator who enjoys working with a dynamic team conducting various road maintenance activities.
Key aspects of this role include operation of a backhoe for road maintenance activities such as repairs and reinstatement of Council’s asphalt road and footpath infrastructure. In this role you must be committed to providing a high standard of service, complying with OHS requirements and be able to demonstrate your reliability and ability to work as part of a team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Backhoe Operators OHS Competency Qualifications or equivalent.
- A current Victoria Drivers Licence with a minimum Heavy Rigid Truck Licence endorsement.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use small plant and hand tools.
- Knowledge of Road Maintenance techniques.
- Well-developed communication skills.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Paul McDonald on 8311 4342.
Applications close: 5pm, 16 August 2019.
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.