- Do you have an interest in mining and ways to improve productivity?
- Initiate, lead and manage innovative projects in Mining3’s Research Programs
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Research Engineer – Mine Planning.
As the successful candidate you will work alongside world leading scientists and engineers to conduct research into planning, design and optimisation of novel mining methods. You will use these methods to improve the value of mining operations by advancing extraction techniques.
Your duties will include:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Initiate, lead and manage innovative projects in Mining3’s Research Programs.
- Provide technical input to Mining3 projects to drive the implementation new and existing mine planning, scheduling and optimisation concepts on mines worldwide.
- Conduct mining research using data analytics and optimisation techniques.
Location: Pullenvale QLD
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate in Mining Engineering or equivalent; or a degree combined with equivalent research experience which taken together, are equivalent to this educational standard.
- Research experience in Mine Planning and Scheduling.
- Research or experience solving optimization problems for the mining industry.
- Practical mining experience.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday 22 September 2020, 11:00 pm AEST